How To Do Reverse Warrior Pose
Benefits of Reverse Warrior Pose
This pose provides a deep stretch for the side body. Reverse Warrior strengthens your legs and promotes balance. It also improves the flexibility of your spine.
Reverse Warrior Pose Step-By-Step
- Stand with your feet three to four feet apart. Point your left foot forward and turn your right foot out. The arch of your left foot should be inline with your right heel.
- Your left hand slides down and is weightless to the left leg or a half bind as shown in the my picture above.
- Reach your right hand up towards the sky – palm facing down and back.
- Lift through your ribcage and also lift your gaze up.
- Stay here for 5 breaths then repeat on the other side.
Just like in Extended Side Angle pose, make sure you’re not over extending your bent knee. Your knee should be directly above your ankle.
Press through your big toes to lift the muscles above your knees. Keep your back leg firm and straight. Root down through the knife pinky edge of that foot to stabilize.
Remember to breatheeee …deeply and slowly…and feel the side body open.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment down below. It would be my absolute pleasure to help! Have fun feeling the stretch loves!