Parenting can be as challenging as it is rewarding. As the saying goes, laughter is often the best medicine. I've found that in the toughest moments, throwing my hands in the sky and just laughing at the absurdity of it all often helps to shift my perspective to one of gratitude and acceptance.
Another thing that helps is being able to texting my friends and fellow moms funny memes about parenting because they're hilariously relatable. Here are some of my favorite ones.
1. You can pee, but you can't hide.
Think you’ll sneak away for a few moments to yourself? Think again!
2. Moms find joy in the simple things.
No lie, I did this the other night. My husband had to work so I got a babysitter and went to Target. It was amazing.
3. I used to do this to my mom.
As they say, what goes around comes around.
4. I mean really, ask your father!
He could be standing right next to me, and still I'm the one. Just like Neo I guess.
5. Props to the dads too!
6. There's always that one relative...
Or a drumset...
7. Melissa McCarthy gets us.
Have that backpack ready to go!
8. Did you really?
I always say, "If you didn't lift anything up, you didn't look."
9. When your kids say they're "bored."
10. They're our babies though.
And when that one person is busy, looks like we’re staying in, honey.
11. The things nobody tells you about…
I haven't slept in for eight years.
12. But it's all worth it in the end.
Our monkeys, our circus.
Being a parent is crazy tough, frustrating, and exhausting. And the funny thing is...I don't know about you, but I wouldn't change a thing. Tag your fellow parents who might need a laugh today!