If you’ve checked out #yoga on Instagram, then you already know that Instagram is a treasure trove of yoga wisdom. Find out what Instagram can teach you about living the yogi life—and snapping awesome photos, while you’re at it.
1. It’s important to always keep a positive attitude.
The success of your practice depends on what you bring to the mat. Don’t forget to pack your patience, gratitude, and a smile!
2. Some days, you feel like a yoga rock star!
Gravity-defying AcroYoga? Yeah, I got this.
3. Other days, your practice feels a lot more like this
Don’t worry, someone on Instagram is failing harder than you are.
4. Think you don’t have time for yoga? Think again.
There’s always a way to make time for your practice, even if you have to multitask.
5. You can do it literally anywhere in the world.
From NYC’s Grand Central Station to the jungles of India.
6. If you don’t have the right prop, you can always make do.
Adding extra resistance can build strength and be adorable.
7. Trying a new pose can be scary.
But you have to push your boundaries if you want to improve.
8. Especially when you’re relying on a partner.
The Partner yoga mantra: “Please don’t drop me, please don’t drop me.”
9. Everyone has their own limitations, and that’s okay.
It’s okay, T-Rex. I struggle with Chaturanga, too.
10. No matter how advanced you are, Savasana will still always be your favorite.
More like Savasanahhh, am I right?
11. And it’s totally okay to fail.
Sometimes it’s more fun that way!
12. Yoga is about learning to be comfortable in your body, not snapping a great photo for Instagram...
Though it still feels totally awesome to post cool yoga photos on Instagram.
13. ...Because yoga is for EVERYONE!
Even fluffy little dogs.
What has Instagram taught YOU about yoga?