It is no great secret that being a mom is tough. It is likely the most rewarding job in any mother’s life, but this job comes with both ups and downs.
The practice of yoga (if you can find the time for it!) will certainly help you through the highs and lows of motherhood. Here are 17 sure signs that you are a yogi mother:
1. You’ve learned how to laugh at yourself and stop taking everything so seriously.
2. You long for the days when Child’s Pose was an option and wish that you took that rest more often.
3. Your dog wants to Down Dog with you (Hey! Pet mothers count too!)
4. And your cat is always mocking your practice (or lack thereof!)
5. You’re used to being outshined by cuter things.
6. Doctors appointments mean that you get a minute to stretch.
7. Or kids time at the playground = your yoga time in the park
8. The best practice hours you get in are when you’re sitting at your desk at work.
9. Your kids watch you with wonder
10. And, of course, they want to join in on all the fun!
11. So, you’ve learned to turn your practice into a “show” of sorts
12. And do all the funniest moves
13. Then your kids draw you pictures like
14. You have super human strength from giving birth, carrying kids and sleepless nights
15. Slumber parties at friends’ houses have you and your husband like
16. Directly followed by...
17. But it’s all worth it when you get to do Happy Baby with your happy little baby :)
Happy practicing, mamas!
Photo credit Aneta Gäb