If there’s one thing yogis get teased about, it’s our so-called lack of humor. So what if we’re serious about our daily practice and commitment to overall wellness? That doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy a good yoga-based joke!
Check out these tweets that prove that yoga isn’t just good for your mind and body—sometimes it’s good for a laugh, too.
1. Savasan-aww yeah!
I didn't realise how good I was at yoga but I do number 13 all the time pic.twitter.com/zkOU3KRmSr— Rebecca Ross (@rebecaross) January 16, 2017
2. Pretty much the same thing.
3. Oh, there’s a name for what I’ve been doing.
4. This one is a little too real.
[!dog!]— Flannery (@imdaintyaf) February 26, 2016
Teacher: Alright, let's go into downward human pose
5. Way waaay better than the original
6. What, it totally counts!
Fitness level: Just used a yoga DVD as a coaster for my beer.— Lynne McCarthy (@LynneMcCarthy) March 5, 2016
7. Someone alert Jay-Z to this missed follow-up opportunity.
8. I definitely haven’t done that. . . *Nervous laughter*
“Say ur a bad girl”— Leotard Cohen (@pharmasean) June 9, 2015
I’m a bad girl
“oooh yeah, and tell me what bad girls do…”
ooh i’m gonna sign up for 3 months of yoga and only go twice
9. The favorite pose of beer lovers everywhere.
Tilt head upwards.— Vir Das (@thevirdas) June 21, 2016
Lift right arm above vessel.
10. Here’s one for you 90s kids.
11. “Where the F*** Did My Service Go” Pose.
The quickest way to learn yoga is to take your phone into a low network area— Priyanka Lahiri (@lahirip) April 21, 2016
12. Does anyone NOT want to be a unicorn?
13. Can we PLEASE just skip to Savasana?
14. Is taco yoga a thing yet? Someone get on that.
15. It will triple the risk of drinking green smoothies, however.
16. Why does this make me feel so inspired?
18. Everyone’s a comedian.
20. If dads made yoga jokes.
21. Namaste, or should I go?
Wife: "Do you want to yoga tonight?" Hubby: "Namaste here" #yogajokes— Gum Kenth (@gumkenth) September 25, 2014
22. Protective gear for the enlightened ones.
23. I see your Salt Bae and raise you a Yoga Bae.
24. Shout out to all the fit and disciplined yogis.
Got up at 6:30am today. Did some yoga. Had a protein shake. Ran six miles. Started lying about everything.— More Cats Than Sense (@TheCattyLady) October 29, 2014
25. Oh, I see what you did there.
Got any good #yogajokes? Tweet them to us @DoYouYoga!