Few things are more cozy and comforting than cuddling in front of a fireplace with a warm cup of hot chocolate while it’s snowing outside.
And with the holiday spirit and winter chill just around the corner, here are some natural beauty and fitness tips to keep you looking and feeling your best for the happiest time of the year!
1. Stay hydrated inside and out.
The combination of icy winds outdoors and dry heat indoors in chilly weather may leave your skin feeling dull and dehydrated. Prevent this by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day—I love hot herbal teas to keep myself warm and hydrated from within.
Also, switch out your daily body lotion to a body butter or a body oil for extra moisture. My favorite routine is to apply organic almond oil (a natural moisturizer and body toner) right out of the shower for silky, smooth, and soft skin!
2. Always exfoliate your body.
Since winter does not require us to get into our itty bitty bikinis, we tend to neglect our strict summer time exfoliation regimen.
Don’t! Exfoliation is important to remove our dead skin cells for our skin to look and feel its best. Exfoliate once a week to keep our skin in good condition so that when summer rolls around, we won’t need to worry about our neglected skin!
A super easy and simple D.I.Y body scrub you can make at home:
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 3 tbsp. organic oil of your choice (almond, olive, jojoba, etc.)
- A few drops of your favorite essential oils (optional)
Mix all the above ingredients in an airtight container, and it should last you about three weeks!
3. Indulge without the holiday bulge.
The holidays are a time to indulge and treat yourself—but with control. Since we know we will indulge, we can take a few simple measures to prevent weight gain. Here are some simple things you can do in the weeks leading up to the Christmas party!
- Take the stairs instead of the lift.
- Walk or use public transportation instead of driving.
- Make your own “healthy” versions of holiday favorites.
- Exercise harder the week before or after the holidays.
- Eat everything you want but in proper portions.
Try these suggestions out for size and notice the difference in your wellness throughout the end of this year and the beginning of the next! Wishing you all a lovely holiday season!