Everyone needs time to reflect. A day or a moment when we stop to think about where we are in life, whether we have met the man or woman of our dreams yet, or if we are where we thought we would be on our grand plan of our journey in life.
For the single yogis among us, however, reflecting on our lives in this may inadvertently remind you of what's lacking: Specifically, a significant other. It's often difficult to ignore the fact that you seem to be surrounded by happy couples in love while you remain unattached, perhaps wondering when it is your turn.
Some of you may be celebrating your single status and already living life to the full, some of you may be feeling alone, and some of you may be dealing with some personal challenges right now.
So with this in mind, I dedicate this article to a beautiful friend of mine who, like many other yogis on our fabulous planet, may find singledom a little overwhelming. This article is to remind you that you are fabulous. Yes, you.
And so, I send each and every one of you oodles and oodles of love, as well as 50 ways to think of everyday as a day of receiving little love letters to yourself—reminding you to welcome fabulousness into your world.
- Move in the direction that makes you feel alive.
- Start every day with a grateful heart.
- Gracefully let go of things that no longer serve you: relationships, thoughts, people, energy. Let it go.
- Aim true. Be your best version of yourself.
- Follow your dreams. Live. Don’t just exist.
- Practice gratitude. Each day, list five things that you are grateful for and that make you smile.
- Find your purpose in life. Then, share your passion and enthusiasm with the world.
- This is true—“Hello, my name is yoga and I will change your life.” It did, it still is, and I love that.
- Learn to sit still more. Appreciate that everyone needs some yin in their life to balance out their yang.
- Listen to your body.
- Take time to make your heart and soul happy.
- Trust your intuition. It never, ever, ever lets you down.
- Live mindfully. Appreciate every moment we have in this beautiful world.
- Be kind to others.
- Expect the unexpected. Be open to change.
- Admit when you are wrong.
- You can achieve whatever you put your mind to. Trust in yourself, and anything is possible. Fact.
- Remember to breathe.
- You are stronger than you think.
- What other people think about us is none of our business.
- Choose happiness. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Ask for help. The strongest people know when to ask for help.
- Serendipity, “the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way,” is my all-time favorite word.
- Smile at a stranger every day. You will never know just how much you made their day in that single moment.
- Be mindful of who you open up to. Only a few people actually care; the rest are just curious.
- If someone wants to be a part of your world, they will make their way towards you. Really. Don’t sweat the details.
- No matter how crazy and messed up your world feels inside, there is always someone who thinks you are completely amazing.
- Find yourself and be that. Simple.
- We don’t meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our paths for a reason. Enjoy discovering what the lesson they provide you is.
- Take a leap of faith at least once in your life and live life with no regrets.
- It’s ok to not have it all figured out yet.
- You don’t have to always be strong. Let the tears flow when they need to. Give yourself time for everything to unfold.
- Take time each day to get upside down. Sometimes all you need is to look at life from a different perspective.
- Trying to please everyone is a recipe for disaster.
- The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie.
- Real love requires inner work. First we must be happy in ourselves, come to know ourselves, accept ourselves. and love ourselves. We have to find peace of mind, find our purpose, and our passion.
- Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Actions always speak louder than words.
- Trust your inner wisdom.
- The quieter you become, all the more you can hear.
- Live the life you love. Some people wait all week for Friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness. Don’t let that happen to you.
- Make a promise to fall in love with yourself every single day.
- See the world. Experience as many different cultures as you can. Adventure and experiences are what make my world come alive!
- Practice self-love daily. It is vital.
- Throw caution to the wind. You can waste a lot of dreams through caution.
- Don’t put up with anyone who is reckless with your heart. Don’t be reckless with anyone else’s heart either.
- Manifest what you want. Write it down and make it happen. “What you think you become, what you feel you attract, what you imagine you create”.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire and support you.
- Realize that you are exactly where you are supposed to be, in this moment. Right here. Right now.
- Believe in your own magic.
What would you write in your love notes to yourself? Share with us below!