I love to devour food. The sensations of taste, feel, sight, and smell all blend and swirl together with every bite. And I also love simplicity. Good food should not only be delicious, but should do wonders for the body, and shouldn’t leave you with a huge mess to clean up. Ain’t nobody got time for that!
Here’s my favorite, super quick, power packed breakfast—but I’ll admittedly eat this medley any time of day. It’s loaded with omega’s from the chia seeds (great for the brain!), antioxidants from the berries (they kick the asses of any cancer-causing free radicals!), and plenty of fiber for the belly.
Stay fed. Stay healthy. Shine on.
*Note: I like for my chia “pudding” (as many call it) to be less like a pudding and more like the milk left over after cereal—liquid, but with some yummy tidbits. If you like your chia to be a bit more gooey, just use more chias or less liquid. This recipe is easy because you can just eyeball it or always add more milk.
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 c. cold milk (Cow, almond, soy, etc)
- 1 handful strawberries
- 1 handful of either blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries or 1 handful each of all
- 1 handful your favorite dry cereal or granola
- 1 handful your favorite nuts
- Combine chia seeds with milk and stir. These need to soak for at least 20 minutes. I just put them in a bowl the night before and put them in the fridge so they’re ready when I wake up.
- Rinse and slice strawberries, add to a bowl.
- Rinse handful of blueberries, and/or raspberries, and/or blackberries (I love them all!) and add to the bowl.
- Add a handful of either your favorite dry cereal (I like a raisin/bran mix) or granola (I like oats and raisins with seeds) to the bowl.
- Add a handful of your favorite nuts.
- Pour the chia “pudding” over the top and mix it up with a spoon—dive in! I like to add a splash more milk to make it like a cereal, but if you love thick and gooey, eat it as it is. Enjoy!