Yoga lovers aren’t like everyone else. We have our own quirky habits that non-yogis just don’t understand.
These ten truths are proof that you’re no longer a yoga-newbie and once you have them, you know you’ve evolved into a genuine yoga addict. Welcome to the yoga lover club, my friends!
1. You’re always trying to get your friends to join you.
Come on, guys, just try it already!
2. Your whole wardrobe has changed.
No more jeans, ever.
3. You schedule your life around your yoga class—not the other way around.
I’d really love to come to your party, but I’ve got Vinyasa Flow that day. Sorry!
4. You feel a special bond with other yoga lovers, even if they’re perfect strangers.
It feels good to meet a kindred spirit.
5. You can’t vacation without a yoga studio nearby.
We’re not going to a yoga retreat? I’ll stay home, thanks.
6. You’re willing to spend a little more for high-quality gear.
No more cheap-o yoga mats that fall apart too easily. It’s worth it to splurge on the good stuff that will keep up with your yoga addiction.
7. Your idea of “dieting” has changed.
Diets? Please. It’s all about creating a healthy lifestyle. Goodbye Weight Watchers, hello Ayurveda!
8. Selfies have taken on a whole new meaning.
Remember when “duck face” was all the rage? Now you’d rather show off your awesome new pose (or your hilarious epic fail).
9. Your friends are amazed by your new blissed-out attitude.
Which is why they should just come to yoga class with you already!
10. You get frustrated with your practice, but you keep coming back no matter what!
Because yoga lovers know there’s nothing better than FINALLY sticking that difficult pose.
What other perfect truths describe a yoga lover’s lifestyle? How many of these truths do YOU relate to?