Today I affirm that there is nothing in me but love. This love comes from total acceptance of myself and the understanding that I am a perfectly imperfect human being. I will walk through today and allow myself to fully express my perfection. I let go of self judgment and any projected judgments of others that I have chosen to believe and finally allow myself to just be what I truly am: infinite. As this is true for me, so it is true for all other beings on the planet. I will choose to accept everyone in my life with the same radical acceptance I have for myself knowing that we are all perfectly imperfect human beings simply doing the best we can. And so it is. - Jackson Kiddard
Yoga teaches us that we are imperfectly perfect. This is a translation of the word Purna. If in spite of our imperfections we can love ourselves unconditionally then we can bring this acceptance out into the world.
In this way everything becomes love and comes from love. Our failings, our fallings, our frustrations are just another expression of love. They might be a bit more disguised but nonetheless are the same, once we take off the outer layers known as koshas. The false illusion that we are only sometimes love is one we can outgrow as part of deepening our spiritual maturity.
The practice is not about creating more suffering through attained perfection, but instead yoga is about acceptance. Acceptance inclusive of our innate imperfections. Real life isn’t going to be perfect, in fact it is downright messy. This is indeed a Yogic paradox, and yet it is exactly that which opens the door to manifesting our greatest love stories.
“These days, my practice is teaching me to embrace imperfection: to have compassion for all the ways things haven't turned out as I planned, in my body and in my life - for the ways things keep falling apart, and failing, and breaking down. It's less about fixing things, and more about learning to be present for exactly what is.” - Anne Cushman
Above all, remember you are not broken. You do not need to be fixed. We are all doing the best we can individually and together in relationship. Therefore, today make extra time for yourself. Create the conditions for self-love by making yourself a priority. Make your intention to embrace all opportunities, no matter how disguised or imperfect they might be, as a practice of love. With total acceptance love yourself, love your day, love your life! Silvia
- "When all your desires are distilled; You will cast just two votes: To love more, And be happy." - Hafiz
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”— Rumi
- “When one has once fully entered the realm of love, the world— no matter how imperfect—becomes rich and beautiful; it consists solely of opportunities for love.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.”— Henry Miller
- “To love others you must love yourself... You can only give to others what you have yourself. To the extent to which you know yourself, and we are all more alike than different, you can know others. When you love yourself, you will love others. And to the depth and extent to which you can love yourself, only to that depth and extent will you be able to love others.”— Leo Buscaglia
- “Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.”— Wayne Dyer
- “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”— Carl Sagan
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.”— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.”— Benjamin Franklin